Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First of all I want to say that I’ve got a new supervisor who is an ex-volunteer for EVS. I like him and I’m happy with what he does for me. Finally after 4 months someone has explained to me things I was supposed to learn right after my arrival. I spent a nice weekend in the mountains with other volunteers. His friends accepted us and treated us like close friends. I am very grateful to them for that. There’s a lady I like here in Rustavi. Sometimes we sit on the bench and speak about life. There’s also a grandmother of my host-family who is a superwoman. I’m glad I met interesting people, because they make my impression about Georgians positive.

However there is something that hurts me.

A couple of days ago I found out that Kids Center, where I used to be free time animator, doesn’t want me to continue my activity there, as they aren’t satisfied with my work. During meetings with kids I felt something was wrong. Teachers didn’t want to cooperate with me, to help me translate into Georgian, excusing themselves with being tired or making renovation at home. They never told me directly that they didn’t want me there. I found it out in the organization. It was of course very frustrating. No one is perfect. I turned out to be not good enough to work with difficult children. I know now it’s not an activity for me. But I think they could speak to me about it. They could say: Listen, don’t feel offended, but we don’t need your help. I would understand that. But they said this behind my back. They really hurt my feelings.


No comments:

Post a Comment